If your are interested for a career as a Plumber or an Electrician, the Fort Wayne Urban League is pleased to offer Apprenticeship Prep Training beginning January of 2020. For more information, please call 260-745-3100.
UAJP is targeted to historically underutilized populations – individuals of color and women. Launched in 2016, the original focus of UAJP was limited to efforts to recruit individuals for Registered Apprenticeship opportunities in the wireless infrastructure industry. In 2017, the focus has expanded to Registered Apprenticeship programs across multiple occupations, but with a specific focus on the following industries: construction, telecommunications, information technology, manufacturing, transportation and health care.
However, this national partnership is an extension of our pre-apprenticeship jobs program that we have been managing since 2015, focused on construction and manufacturing.
Since launching, Pre-Apprenticeship Jobs Program/UAJP has accomplished the following:
• Enrolled 100+ individuals in local Registered Pre-apprenticeship Programs;
• Trained 100+ individuals for in Urban Apprenticeship Jobs Programs;
• Placed 100+ individuals in phase 1 of pre-apprenticeship across various industries;
• Established 23 Opportunity Partnerships – partnerships to help expand access to Pre-Apprenticeship and Apprenticeship Training;
• Launched a Pre-Apprenticeship Program in partnership with 18 Building Trades (2015-18) focused on the Construction trades;
• Launched a training program to link constituents to construction and manufacturing industry (2013);
• Diversity Supplier
FWUL has partnered with the National Urban League to deliver the Urban Apprenticeship Jobs Program and is one of the leading affiliates to implement, Year 3 of UAJP.
Core services offered include:
1. Recruitment of individuals for Registered Apprenticeship and Pre-Apprenticeship Programs in Northeast Indiana region
2. Access to integrated supportive services as needed
3. Access to customized Case Management services as needed
4. Delivery of technical assistance to sponsors of Registered Apprenticeship and Pre-Apprenticeship Program
NOW, What Can the UAJP Do For You?
• It can help you find a career and not just a job;
• It can help you determine what kind of job fits your personal skill set and interests;
• Offer you training by experienced professionals;
• Make sure you have the necessary support as you transition into your new chosen profession (across industries);
• Upon successful completion of training, you will receive your basic tools needed to start work;
• You will receive a stipend while you are in the training program;
• Enable Livable Wage earning opportunities, ranging from ranging from entry level ($25,ooo) to to management ($100,000+)
• You must be at least 18 years of age;
• You must be physically able to perform the work;
• You must be able to pass a drug screen;
• You must have a high school diploma or GED;
• You must have a valid driver’s license;
• You must have dependable transportation;
• You must have an strong interest in working;
• You must have a reliable and great work ethic
- .Construction Trades;
• Information technology;
• Advanced technology;
• Manufacturing, transportation;
• Health care